Ethiopia: Wednesday

Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:04 AM Posted by BridgePointe Church
Hey Guys, we finally got power back when we got home last night.  Wednesday was a great day.  We went to the Bethany Office and met with our social worker about Journey, his case/background and then the court process.  We didn't really learn anything we didn't already know, but it was nice to know that they are caring for him.  After our social worker meetings they took us to an Ethiopian Informational meeting.  Very interesting and informative, but VERY LONG and hard to understand the English at times.  It was very hard to sit there while just wanting to go and hold Muite.  About his name...I have tried multiple hours a day to say his name correctly.  I have failed miserably.  When I call his name across the courtyard at the orphanage he doesn't even respond.  When the other kids hear me trying to say his name they giggle and say it correctly and he comes running.  EVERY single person here pronounces his name differently and EVERY single person tries to help correct me.  Coty and I always laugh at the long pause right before I attempt to say his name each time.

After lunch and and the informational meeting we went to the orphanage.  We spent about 2.5/3 hours there just playing and loving on the kids.  There were 2 other families meeting their kids for the first time.  It is really special being with them because they understand all that we are going through and feeling.  Muite was awesome today.  We just runs and plays and laughs the entire time.  We kicked the soccer ball, played with balloons and blew bubbles.  I was excited that he had on boy clothes today and shoes that fit.  We will see tomorrow what color his shoes are and if they even fit.  At one point today he came over and wanted me to tie his shoe.  Tying a shoe may seem very insignificant to most, but to me it was huge.  He actually came to me for help.:):)  You can tell he is beginning recognize me and Coty.  After the orphanage we went to Kaldi Coffee.  They are the knock-off Starbucks.  Best machiatto I have ever had.  From there we went to an authentic Ethiopian restaurant.  They food was good, but until you have actually eaten authentic Ethiopian, you would not totally understand.  (Lauren...it is pretty much the same as the restaurant we went to in Atlanta.)  The best part was they had authentic dancing, music and a coffee ceremony.  They performed the different tribal music from each of the different regions of Ethiopia.  These people can dance and move!!!!!  I have never seen anyone dance and move their body like these performers.  It was definitely a highlight experience for us.  After dinner they dropped us back of at our guest house.  So happy to have power back on.  Thursday/today is court day.  We are supposed to be there at 9am.  After today, if all goes as planned, he will be legally our son.  We are not expecting anything to go wrong, but you never know here.  I will keep you posted tonight or as soon as we can get through to you guys to let you know how court went.  I have limited text messaging/cell service so if you get a text from me, spread the word.

We love you guys.  We are soaking up our time with him and the country, but we are really missing the girls.  I can't wait to have them all together.

1 Response to "Ethiopia: Wednesday"

  1. Kate Says:

    It was so nice to meet you guys in Ethiopia - hope you're doing well now that your family is all together:) God bless.

Post a Comment